Heute ist sowohl für Windows, als auch für Linux ein neuer offizieller UT2004 Patch erschienen. Ein komplettes Changelog gibt es unter read more
– Added bSmoothKarmaStateUpdates to Actor to control whether Karma interpolates between states
– Added bRepulseWater to KRepulsors and enabled this for Hovercraft
– Added bFlyingKarma to Pawn to indicate PHYS_Karma is active but pawn rotation should still be handled like PHYS_Flying
– SVehicleFactories now store a reference to their marker as MyMarker
– Added bCanHover to Vehicle to indicate a vehicle that can use HoverPathNodes to fly over water.
– Added water damage support to Vehicle so that vehicles will take damage when under water.
– Karma now collides correctly with inverted terrain – courtesy James Golding 😉
– Increased the extra linear dampening for Karma in water from 0.8 to 2.5 and angular dampening from 0.1 to 0.4
– Moved RepulsorsShouldHit function to ONSVehicle where it should be.
– Added support for PowerCores and PowerNodes triggering events when created and destroyed.
– Cleaned up PowerCore energy beam effect when PowerCores are not present in the map.
– Added bDriverCannotLeaveVehicle flag in ONSVehicle for vehicles you can’t get out of but instead will try to flip you upright when you press USE if the vehicle is flipped.
– Added bNeverActivate to ONSVehicleFactory that can be set by mods that want to use Onslaught maps but not factories.
– Fixed a bug in ONSWeapon that used the primary fire projectile class for alt-fire instead of the alt-fire version.
– Moved daredevil code server-side to avoid horrible cheating and the ability to mod/mutate features based on daredevil tricks.
– Reversable vehicle factories will work correctly when sides are swapped.
– Fixed midgame menu popping up when watching an Onslaught demo if the viewed player dies
– Fixed camera rotation being changed when switching between first and third person view in a manta
– Fixed target/ion painter ammo issues
– Fixed bug in stunt mutator where vehicles would be accelerated in their local downward Z when holding the jump warmup while in air.
– Onslaught turrets cannot damage PowerCores or PowerNodes
– Onslaught vehicles take a very small amount of damage over time when on fire and there is no driver
– Fixed players always spawning at own PowerCore after sides are swapped.
– Fixed problem where bots weren’t spawning at the nodes they are defending.
General Game play:
– More script warning fixes
– Fixed armor loop in GameInfo.ReduceDamage() properly handling armor getting destroyed while absorbing damage
– Invasion monsters never use default character mesh
– Fixed CTFSquadAI.FindHidePathFor()
– Make sure always add armor using Pawn.AddShieldStrength()
– Fixed ShieldAbsorb() armor damage absorption to produce consistent results in all situations
– Fixed spawning of physicsvolume entry and exit actors, as well as splash sounds, and made them client side.
– Added WaterSplash, used for projectiles and pawns
– Added SplashEffect property and CheckForSplash() function to WeaponAttachment, so instant hit weapons can cause splashes
– Added BulletSplash, used for trace weapons
– Landing sounds no longer stomp on splash sounds
– Added WaterRing – spawned while pawn is walking in water, or center of pawn enters water (new PawnEntryActor property in PhysicsVolume)
– Fixed pawn visible rotation lagging too far behind actual rotation (because of head/torso twist support)
– Fixed bots going after nearby dropped inventory that they couldn’t pick up
– Fixed some dynamic uploads (which could cause occasional hitching during gameplay)
– Fixed getting proper ammo count when picking up dropped weapon and already have ammo but no weapon of that type
– Fixed SquadLeader getting set to none if everyone in squad is in a turret
– HUD weapon bar bShowMissingWeaponInfo now config, so is properly saved
– Fixed CTFSquadAI finding flagholder when holder is in vehicle
– Fixed „Use Map Defaults“ for bots can result in uneven teams in some maps
– [USE] will only bring up the mid-game menu in ONS games
– Fix for custom models crashing the single player game.
– Fixed TracerProjectile location setting after near miss sound effect
– Fixed BR bomb trail position in multiplayer
– Added Instagib CTF as standalone gametype
– Allow chatting when the game is paused.
– No longer catch own weapon when thrown while running forward
– Fixed weapons checking if they were out of ammo when they weren’t the active weapon (which was causing undesired switching to best weapon)
– Server browser filters have been reworked to be easier to use.
– Localized „New News“ message
– Added localized IRC channels for French and German.
– Added a flashing messages when there is new community news.
– Movie Panel.
– Various Web Admin style fixes
– Don’t load non-default voicepacks on dedicated server
– Fixed server enforcement of maxresponsetime, and make sure clients don’t trip it accidentally
– Fixed speedhack detection false positives
– Increased NetPriority of controlled ONSWeaponPawns
– Fixed client-side game time getting screwed up
– Improved jumping/dodging/etc. not getting lost when there’s significant packet loss
– Fixed Cheat protect to view most voicepacks as ok
– Fixed *hopefully* the ServerBrowser locking packages and tripping cheat protection.
– Don’t spawn votinghandler and votingreplicationinfos for servers which don’t have voting enabled (slight performance improvement for those servers)
– TeamInfo and SquadAI have lower netupdatefrequency (for server performance). Set NetUpdateTime whenever a replicated property is updated to get it replicated immediately.
– Make sure that mutators are properly reported to master server
– Made ServerShortTimeout() replicated function reliable
– MasterServerUplink now caches calls to GetServerInfo and GetServerDetails.
– Onslaught server performance improvements:
– vehicle packed state struct updates don’t set bNetDirty
– don’t update vehicle SoundPitch on dedicated servers
– improved WebProjectile net performance
– added bIsAwake and bHasBeenAwake flags to ONSVehicle, used for packed state replication
– Fixed replication conditions for a bunch of vehicle/projectile properties, changed from bNetDirty to bNetInitial
– Fixed NetworkStatusMessages once and for all
– Reenabled temp. MD5 database generation for loaded packages on a server
– Fixed „flying player“ exploit.
– Fixed keeping high translocator trajectory persistent across online level changes.
Mod Author Related:
– Fix for the UCL not exporting bug.
– Fix for .INT files in mod hierarchy, Removed Temp MD5 Warning Message.
– Call PostRender2D() on own pawn as well (mod authors can decide not to render custom beacon)
– Added LevelInfo native function GetPhysicsVolume() – returns the physics volume at a specified location
– Added actor property bTraceWater. If true, trace() by this actor returns collisions with water volumes
– Added support for strafing while on ladders, if the LadderVolume property bAllowLadderStrafing is set true (still false by default)
– Fix for log files and -MOD= switch
– Fix for cache manager exporting ucl files when it shouldn’t
– Fixed LoadDecoText
– Use CrouchedPct instead of WalkingPct for crouched pawns
– Vehicle function NumPassengers() now simulated so it can be called on clients
– Made Destroy() function call in ONSVehicle state code indirect (for debugger)
– Fixed localization for mod support
– Now support multiple music directories
– Save Games fixed, with the following limitations:
– ragdolls aren’t serialized
– animations aren’t serialized (but uses simanim to save channel 0)
– must run UT2004 with -makenames option, or set bSupportSaveGames true in LevelInfo
– added Actor events PreSaveGame() and PostLoadSavedGame()
– Render hud overlays on DM_Low clients also
3D Buzz Editor Enhancements (Thanks to our friends at www.3dbuzz.com ! Check out their UT2004 mod author video tutorials at http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/unr_main.php )
– Maximize Viewports fixed
– Static Mesh Create From Selected added
– Splitter bar between Viewport and props in SM viewer fixed.
– Button to snap view to frame the current mesh added
– Option to auto-snap view on mesh change
– Added realtime preview to the SM browser.
– New Array tool for quickly adding actors.
– Fogging is based on camera position rather than pawn head position (important for third person camera while pawn is submerged)
– Removed D3D9Drv.dll and default.ini from patch
– Fixed bug reporting address for Italian, Spanish, and French localized versions.
– Fixed „Intersect Function“ crash from first patch.
– Fixed mousewheel input on Win64.
– Removed some pre-release debugging that was still enabled