Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 1 Release notes.
This patch is completely compatible with the retail version – servers and clients of any flavor can connect with each other.
This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files, except to update settings as necessary.
Here is the full change list:
– Teams will now swap sides after each Onslaught round by default. This is configurable in the game settings menu.
– Fixed flying Leviathan exploit where Leviathan can be based on another vehicle.
– Fixed Leviathan pushing exploits by limiting the Leviathans max speed.
– Fixed Tank pushing exploits by limiting max speed unless falling.
– Node location names show up correctly in network games.
– Fixed terrains with a negative scale not showing PowerNodes.
– RadarMap can no longer be moved off-screen using the HUD configuration menu.
– Fixed possibility of ion cannon volume in ONS-Severance killing someone entering it without giving them warnings first
– Fixed bots getting stuck next to a vehicle because they didn’t think they were close enough to enter
– fixed players getting out of vehicles into water
– Fixed Invasion ammo not replenishing at end of wave
– Fixed Invasion’s ScoreKill() not notifying GameRules when monster kills a player
General Game play:
– fixed which anim is played during sniper zoom (removes log warnings)
– fixed redeemer reticle being affected by HUD opacity setting
– fixed skaarj playing taunt anims
– make sure no wrap around on multikill numbers
– call takefallingdamage() on wall dodge to prevent it being used as an exploit for avoiding damage on long falls
(can still use wall dodging anywhere you could before, you just take damage if you are falling too fast).
– fixed miscellaneous game code log spam.
– UTClassic Rocket fix for delay before can fire again after loading up 6 rockets
– fixed zoom instagib beam positioning
– improved hidden lightning gun beam positioning
– fixed bioammo positioning
– force correct default character, even if PRI hasn’t been replicated yet
– force same character as player is using – players using bForceDefaultCharacter must use a valid forced character as their own model
– improved team balancing in network games
– added profile fix to unlock chars (where due) for „old“ profiles
Map and Kick Voting:
– Fixed incorrect map voting gameconfig at startup
– Reenabled map, kick voting.
– Removed Voting filter combos on server filters page.
– Added „None“ selection in the map voting web admin config.
– Edit only 1 line at a time in map voting web admin config.
– Cleaned up/ fixed map voting menus
– DefaultMapListLoader loads prefixes from GameConfig settings by default.
– Added UseMapList property to PlayInfo
– Disabled the MapListLoaderType PlayInfo property
(disables MapListConfigPage – makes it simpler to configure)
– Fixed wrong map types showing for default selected game type in voting
menu. Only happens if GameConfg.GameClass is not set with the same case.
– Implemented exec ShowVoteMenu
– Map voting defaults to ONLY server startup gametype and maps if not
configured. (Auto-detect configuration)
– Added extra check for invalid gametype/maps votes.
– Sort maps in MC ListBox on map voting page by name by default
– Changed to descending sort order in vote count MC ListBox
– Fixed weapon custom crosshair menu problems, whiched caused you to sometimes lose crosshairs entirely.
– Fixed correctly displaying VOIP key bindings in control config menu.
– allow mouse sensitivity settings as low as 0.25 in menus
– made blue player text brighter in server browser player list box
– fixed menu range for idle kick timer
– Add bFixedMouseSize to lock the size of the cursor
– Fixed GUIPage closing issue (Thank Wormbo)
– Fixed Sorting issue with Map Lists
– Fixed issues with the OwnageMap page and older clients.
– Demo->AVI menu uses proper resolution settings
– Fixed auto demo recording
– fixed DIVx demo movies being recorded at too high a frame rate
– Fixed bug in UT2K4NetworkStatusMsg causing incorrect status message to be displayed
– Don’t display join/leave messages for standard voice channels
– Listen servers pinged last?
– Security updates
– Server browser news page now supports clickable hyperlinks.
– If master server doesn’t respond, still pings official servers
– Fixed projectiles don’t have dynamic light on clients connected to dedicated servers
– give client correct kick message when kicked for idling
– improved and enabled speedhack detection
– send message to client warning about speed hack detection
– servers won’t send more than 8 packets out to client before getting a response (DOS attack blunting)
– fixed netmode conditions for preloading player skins
– improved character skin precaching speed (less unnecessary skin precaching)
Server Admin Related
– Optimized webadmin initialization, noticable improvement in the time between map changes (if webadmin enabled)
– Fixed interface-related bug in gametype drop down
– In the Defaults – Map page, fixed bug with adding/removing multiple maps at the same time
– Webadmin no longer overwrites custom URL parmeters that have been manually added to maplist entries
– Fixed webadmin bots page layout & accessed nones
– Fixed bugs in SortedStringArray sorting (affects bots / admins / groups pages in webadmin)
– New map & mutator packages no longer require server restart to appear in webadmin mutator/map lists.
– fixed webadmin and menu idle kick time range
– added MaxTimeMargin, MinTimeMargin, TimeMarginSlack configurable properties for tweaking speedhack detection to [Engin.LevelInfo] section of UT2004.ini
– admins don’t get kicked for idling
– To prevent DDOS attacks by UT2004 servers against subnets, added LimitConnPerIPRangePerMinute property to [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver].
– pkg_official packages can be downloaded, and guid must be matched for them
– Added bKickLiveIdlers to [Engine.LevelInfo]. If set true, players with pawns can also be kicked for idling.
Mod Author Related
– Impersonator support integrated (see http://www.oc3ent.com/home.htm for details). Provides support lip synching to spoken phrases, with UnrealEd integration.
Tools and examples to come soon!
– Reorganized placement of webadmin functions to be more linear, easier to follow
– Added more comments to webadmin code
– Fixed crash in BatchExport commandlet when attempting to export .uc for packages which contain purely native classes
– Properties marked as ’noexport‘ will no longer be ignored when batchexporting .uc’s
– Added Vehicle.Bulldog to CacheManager default packages (cacheexempt), and marked Bulldog cache exempt so that it isn’t exported to .ucl file
– Fixed bug in classname matching which caused two classes that began with the same name (such as ClassBase & ClassBaseDerived) to be interpreted as the same class
– Automatically export to .ucl file when package is compiled.
– Automatically export to .ucl file when map is saved.
– Custom webadmin skins no longer required to provide every .inc file that webadmin uses
– Webadmin now searches main /ServerAdmin directory for .inc & .htm files that cannot be found in skin path
– GUIController now correctly cleans up custom styles that use the same keyname as default styles
– if .upl files exist in mod directory, ignores the .upl files in the system directory.
– INT files no longer have to be in UT2004\System\.
– UCC no longer gives an error when using -mod= switch with ‚dumpint‘ and ‚exportcache‘.
– Can specify a Paths= for music (.ogg) and karma data (.ka) files, so they can be included in the mod’s directory structure.
– Config variables properly save to UT2004\ModName\System\Whatever.ini instead of UT2004\System\Whatever.ini.
– No longer get „ERROR: Could not open whatever.u for reading!“ in UT2004.log for mod packages.
– Gracefully handle lack of tooltips in mod menus.
– fixed USoundExporterWAV to not try to export procedural sounds and sound groups
– Added AddToPackageMap() native function to Actor. This function adds PackageName to the packagemap (as if it was in GameEngine’s ServerPackages list),
or, if omitted, adds the package of the actor it was called on. This function is only valid during initialization (between GameInfo::InitGame() and
GameInfo::SetInitialState()) If called outside of that window, or anytime on a client, the function returns without doing anything.
– Fixed bAddToServerPackages mutator flag
– Mutator config menus:
-Fixed handling of arrays
-Support for advanced and multiplayer only options
– Fixed config class properties not being saved to .ini properly
– fixed BroadcastHandler AcceptBroadcastText() parameter
– Added IconFlashMaterial to Ammunition, to allow mod ammunition classes to work right on HUD.
– AdrenalinePickup amount no longer hard coded
– Added support for a mod based \KarmaData directory
– Fixed bug with disappearing actors after lighting rebuild
– Sped up ALAudio initialization in editor by not precaching sounds
– fixed memory leak in caching system
– fixed crash in GUIToolTip:raw()
– fixed bug in cache loading for crosshairs (custom crosshairs now appear correctly in menus)
– removed temporary sanity checks in projector code and pathfinding code (small performance improvement)
– gracefully handle negative delta time
– properly set GCurrentTime in UTV
– fixed resource induced memory leak in PixoResource
– more debugging to track down infrequent FALVoiceModule:ecode crash
– bForceSkelUpdate no longer true by default for pawns (still true by default for vehicles). Performance improvement (especially for servers),
but mod authors relying on this feature may need to change the value for their pawns.
– fixed memory leak in swiming physics code
– many spelling/grammar error fixes
– friendly error messages for file loading problems caused by overheating or corrupt installs
– don’t crash if non-Emitter has DT_Particle
– removed some VOIP log spam
– fixed installing korean version on Windows 98
– CD/DVD not required to play
– fixed CacheRecords.ucl handling on Linux
– Various client and server crash fixes
– fixed Mac clients reporting incorrect MD5s for packages and tripping security checks.
– Make MacOS version prevent user from ejecting the game DVD while game is running.