# Onslaught related:
1. Added bSmoothKarmaStateUpdates to Actor to control whether Karma interpolates between states
2. Added bRepulseWater to KRepulsors and enabled this for hovercraft
3. Added bFlyingKarma to Pawn to indicate PHYS_Karma is active but pawn rotation should still be handled like PHYS_Flying
4. SVehicleFactories now store a reference to their marker as MyMarker
5. Added bCanHover to Vehicle to indicate a vehicle that can use HoverPathNodes to fly over water.
6. Added water damage support to Vehicle so that vehicles will take damage when under water.
7. Karma now collides correctly with inverted terrain – courtesy James Golding 😉
8. Increased the extra linear dampening for Karma in water from 0.8 to 2.5 and angular dampening from 0.1 to 0.4
9. Moved RepulsorsShouldHit function to ONSVehicle where it should be.
10. Added support for PowerCores and PowerNodes triggering events when created and destroyed.
11. Cleaned up PowerCore energy beam effect when PowerCores are not present in the map.
12. Added bDriverCannotLeaveVehicle flag in ONSVehicle for vehicles you can’t get out of but instead will try to flip you upright when you press USE if the vehicle is flipped.
13. Added bNeverActivate to ONSVehicleFactory that can be set by mods that want to use Onslaught maps but not factories.
14. Fixed a bug in ONSWeapon that used the primary fire projectile class for alt-fire instead of the alt-fire version.
15. Moved daredevil code server-side to avoid horrible cheating and the ability to mod/mutate features based on daredevil tricks.
# General Game play:
1. More script warning fixes
2. Fixed armor loop in GameInfo.ReduceDamage() properly handling armor getting destroyed while absorbing damage
3. Invasion monsters never use default character mesh
4. Fixed CTFSquadAI.FindHidePathFor()
5. Make sure always add armor using Pawn.AddShieldStrength()
6. Fixed ShieldAbsorb() armor damage absorption to produce consistent results in all situations
7. Fixed spawning of physicsvolume entry and exit actors, as well as splash sounds, and made them client side.
8. Added WaterSplash, used for projectiles and pawns
9. Added SplashEffect property and CheckForSplash() function to WeaponAttachment, so instant hit weapons can cause splashes
10. Added BulletSplash, used for trace weapons
11. Landing sounds no longer stomp on splash sounds
12. Added WaterRing – spawned while pawn is walking in water, or center of pawn enters water (new PawnEntryActor property in PhysicsVolume)
13. Fixed pawn visible rotation lagging too far behind actual rotation (because of head/torso twist support)
14. Fixed bots going after nearby dropped inventory that they couldn’t pick up
15. Fixed some dynamic uploads (which could cause occasional hitching during gameplay)
16. Fixed getting proper ammo count when picking up dropped weapon and already have ammo but no weapon of that type
17. Fixed SquadLeader getting set to none if everyone in squad is in a turret
1. Server browser filters have been reworked to be easier to use.
2. Localized „New News“ message
3. Added localized IRC channels for French and German.
4. Added a flashing messages when there is new community news.
5. Movie Panel.
# Networking Related:
1. Various Web Admin style fixes
2. Don’t load non-default voicepacks on dedicated server
3. Fixed server enforcement of maxresponsetime, and make sure clients don’t trip it accidentally
4. Fixed speedhack detection false positives
5. Increased NetPriority of controlled ONSWeaponPawns
6. Fixed client-side game time getting screwed up
7. Improved jumping/dodging/etc. not getting lost when there’s significant packet loss
8. Fixed Cheat protect to view most voicepacks as ok
9. Fixed *hopefully* the ServerBrowser locking packages and tripping cheat protection.
10. Don’t spawn votinghandler and votingreplicationinfos for servers which don’t have voting enabled (slight performance improvement for those servers)
11. TeamInfo and SquadAI have lower netupdatefrequency (for server performance). Set NetUpdateTime whenever a replicated property is updated to get it replicated immediately.
12. Make sure that mutators are properly reported to master server
# Onslaught server performance improvements:
1. vehicle packed state struct updates don’t set bNetDirty
2. don’t update vehicle SoundPitch on dedicated servers
3. improved WebProjectile net performance
4. added bIsAwake and bHasBeenAwake flags to ONSVehicle, used for packed state replication
5. Fixed replication conditions for a bunch of vehicle/projectile properties, changed from bNetDirty to bNetInitial
# Mod Author Related:
1. Fix for the UCL not exporting bug.
2. Fix for .INT files in mod hierarchy, Removed Temp MD5 Warning Message.
3. Call PostRender2D() on own pawn as well (mod authors can decide not to render custom beacon)
4. Added LevelInfo native function GetPhysicsVolume() – returns the physics volume at a specified location
5. Added actor property bTraceWater. If true, trace() by this actor returns collisions with water volumes
6. Added support for strafing while on ladders, if the LadderVolume property bAllowLadderStrafing is set true (still false by default)
7. Fix for log files and -MOD= switch
8. Fix for cache manager exporting ucl files when it shouldn’t
9. Fixed LoadDecoText
10. Use CrouchedPct instead of WalkingPct for crouched pawns
11. Vehicle function NumPassengers() now simulated so it can be called on clients
3D Buzz Editor Enhancements (Thanks to our friends at www.3dbuzz.com! Check out their UT2004 mod author video tutorials at http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/unr_main.php)
1. Maximize Viewports fixed
2. Static Mesh Create From Selected added
3. Splitter bar between Viewport and props in SM viewer fixed.
4. Button to snap view to frame the current mesh added
5. Option to auto-snap view on mesh change
6. Added realtime preview to the SM browser.
7. New Array tool for quickly adding actors.
1. Fogging is based on camera position rather than pawn head position (important for third person camera while pawn is submerged)
2. Removed D3D9Drv.dll and default.ini from patch
3. Fixed bug reporting address for Italian, Spanish, and French localized versions.