Er gilt zwar seit langer Zeit als verschollen und trotzdem hab ich an ihn gedacht 🙂
Unser kleiner Nuke sitzt jetzt irgendwo im Schwabenländle und feiert seinen 26. Geburtstag. Alter macht ja bekanntlich weise, also gib unserem lieben Danger auch mal ein Stück davon ab.
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Nuke!
Es ist nun noch eine neue Public Beta von ETPro erschienen. Auch dieses Mal ausschließlich für den neuen 2.60 Patch. Das Changelog gibts wie immer hier.
Wann endlich die Final rauskommt, damit wirklich alle ihre Server updaten, weiss ich aber nicht.
Der 3355 Patch ist heute offiziell released worden.
Downloadlinks stehen unten, Changelog gibts unter more
- Fixed stuttering/snagging/sinking into static meshes in some places on clients in net games
- Improved getting out of water
- Fixed FaceClassic teleporter exploit
- The Cicada hud indicators should now show up in all game modes.
- Fixed SPMA causing damage at world origin.
- Fixed not being able to exit raptor when it’s on the ground
- Fixed (for assault) the energy core always showing on the HUD even if it not the current objective (thanks AngelMapper)
- Server performance improvements
- Cheating detection improvements, with shorter time for master server ban detection
- Integration of UTAN bans with UT2004 master server. Admins can opt out by adding bIgnoreUTANBans=true to [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
- Fixed potential garbage collection crash when changing levels during network games
- Improved caching of server data for when you can’t connect to the master server.
- UTV updated (netspeed fix).
- Better Client
- >MS Error Messages
- Added code to insure StopDemo is executed before a map change or game exit
- Remove 8x from the demo playback menu. The engine has problems with that speed.
- Fixed bug in Demo Playback menu that caused the Play/Pause button to be out of sync
- Added Demo playback jog keys to the console.
- Left Cursor slows down playback (1/4x -> 1/2x)
- Right cursor speeds ups playback (2x -> 4x)
- Up/Down cursor resets to 1x
- Disable by settings bDemoJogKeys=false in [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
- Improved level loading speed, especially on network clients
- Fixed calling SetBase(NULL) on all attached actors when an actor is destroyed
- Fix for importing static meshes
- Model select page now properly selects the current character when you open it.
- Korean localization updates.
- VCTF now appears in server browser, even if you don’t already have any VCTF maps installed.
- Added code to sync the Stream (MP3) volume with normal music volume.
Vor ein paar Tagen hat ATI den Catalyst 4.11 released. In erster Linie sind Bugfixes drin.
Hier gibt es die kompletten Release Notes.
ATI Catalyst 4.11 Windows 2000 / XP
Eben ist ein neuer UT2004 Patch für Windows erschienen und zwar in Version 3339. Weil der neue Patch ein paar Dateien aus dem ECE Bonuspack verändert, gibt es auch davon eine aktualisierte Version.
Ein Changelog zum Patch gibt es unter more.
Jetzt ist auch endlich die final vom 3339er Linux Patch released worden.
This patch is completely compatible with the retail version – servers and clients of any flavor can connect with each other. This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files, except to update settings as necessary. This patch includes all changes made in Patches 1, 2, 3, and 4.
This patch should be installed *after* installing the Epic ECE Bonus Pack, as it updates some of the game code included with the bonus pack.
– Added a gunner indicator for the Cicada.
– Onslaught low skill bot AI tweaks
– Max lifespan for shot down ONSMortarCamera
– Fixed regular dust showing when Manta jumps over water
– Fixed Cicada staying above StallZ if driver switches to gunner position
– Fixed SPMA engine sound volume
– Tweaked powercore destruction and electricity sounds
– Improved artillery explosion effect
– Don’t call destroyed powercore „green powercore“ in scoreboard (after round ends)
– Fixed Berserk combo (properly turns client side weapon changes on and off)
– Fixed quadjump mutator in multiplay (was only allowing regular double jump on first jump)
– Fixed gamespeed mutator „sticking“ in instant action games
– Don’t let Cicada passengers carry flag (for VCTF)
– Added OnslaughtBP.UCL to patch so bonus pack mutators will show up
– Fixed problem with landing view shake sometimes not working at very low frame rates
– Fixed bug where not all actors got NotifyTeamChanged() when client team changed
– Assault objective announcements can come from packages other than AssaultAnnouncer
– IonCannonKillVolume bug fixes
– Don’t allow players to change teams if team sizes are equal if bPlayersBalanceTeams is true
– Fixed team balancing code bug
– Fixed footstep sounds playing while in vehicle where driver isn’t visible if enter while running
– Removed obsolete weapon debugging code
– Localization fixes for Italian, French, German, and Spanish
– No log or console message when player enters or leaves team. public, or local channels
– Fixed Dom.xml for bot voice command in DDOM
– Fixed F3/F8 stats now shows all players in list
– Don’t limit suiciding to 10 second interval in standalone games
– Fixed client-side demo recording of vehicles
– Fix for clients unable to connect with „Incompatible Games Files“ message
– Fixed WebAdmin play list and mid game menu to report the proper ping.
– Fixed resetting initial position of saved move when moves are combined
– Increased min idle kick time to 30 seconds
– Never idle kick player if only human in game
– Moved gamespeed option in URL parsing to after mutator spawning, so gamespeed can be set from URL
– More speedhack detection tweaks (less false positives)
– Server CPU use improvements relative to last patch
– Consider CPU saturation in determining whether to do extra work on server to reduce bandwidth use for low
– Don’t allow clients <3320 to connect to servers with OnslaughtBP.
- Fixed server crash when using bonus vehicles mutator.
- Fix for client-side crash caused by DynamicLoadObject problem uncovered by interaction of AntiTCC with
certain other mutators.
- Fix for annoying server browser bug (not showing correct initial game type).
- Fix for team VOIP channels in large games
- Fixed map list menu problems with bonus vehicles and custom link setups.
- Fixed Unrealed working with Windows 98 (See note below)
Mod Author Related:
- New script profiling tool.
- Added (slow) full dangling reference checking option.
Logs dangling references which could cause a crash during gameplay or on GC. Use only for testing, as it
is very slow, by adding bSlowRefChecking=true to the [Engine.Engine] section of UT2004.ini. I'd recommend
running a dedicated server with bots with this option enabled, connect to it to start the match, and let the
bots do the testing for you.
- Fixed spider physics view direction setting bug
- Added RotateSoundThreshold to ONSWeapon to allow mod authors control over when RotateSound is played
- Moved BaseMutator.ModifyLogin() to the beginning of GameInfo.Login().
- Fix for UParticleEmitter::UpdateParticles crash in SkeletalMeshGet
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING UNREALED and Windows 98
If you plan on using UnrealED with Windows 98, you will need to download an install the MSVCP60.DLL library. This file can be found at the following url:
Without that file, the editor will not run.
Jetzt ist es soweit, ein weiterer Verschollener wird irgendwo anfangen zu feiern.
Na dann alles Gute zum Geburtstag und lass dich mal wieder blicken! 🙂
Eine neue UTComp Version mit ein paar kleineren Bugfixes ist draußen.
Und hier das Changelog:
Re-Enabled Autodemorec on servers not using warmup
– Fixed colored names sometimes not updating properly
– Added colored names option to Epic’s Scoreboard
– Added several new short map names to map voting (mostly for CBP2 maps)
– Added Red and Blue Team scores to server browser
– Onslaught Gametype Voting now defaults to NoSuperWeapons
– Added preliminary (use at your own risk) Assault and Last Man Standing support (without warmup)
Heute ist sowohl für Windows, als auch für Linux ein neuer offizieller UT2004 Patch erschienen. Ein komplettes Changelog gibt es unter read more
– Added bSmoothKarmaStateUpdates to Actor to control whether Karma interpolates between states
– Added bRepulseWater to KRepulsors and enabled this for Hovercraft
– Added bFlyingKarma to Pawn to indicate PHYS_Karma is active but pawn rotation should still be handled like PHYS_Flying
– SVehicleFactories now store a reference to their marker as MyMarker
– Added bCanHover to Vehicle to indicate a vehicle that can use HoverPathNodes to fly over water.
– Added water damage support to Vehicle so that vehicles will take damage when under water.
– Karma now collides correctly with inverted terrain – courtesy James Golding 😉
– Increased the extra linear dampening for Karma in water from 0.8 to 2.5 and angular dampening from 0.1 to 0.4
– Moved RepulsorsShouldHit function to ONSVehicle where it should be.
– Added support for PowerCores and PowerNodes triggering events when created and destroyed.
– Cleaned up PowerCore energy beam effect when PowerCores are not present in the map.
– Added bDriverCannotLeaveVehicle flag in ONSVehicle for vehicles you can’t get out of but instead will try to flip you upright when you press USE if the vehicle is flipped.
– Added bNeverActivate to ONSVehicleFactory that can be set by mods that want to use Onslaught maps but not factories.
– Fixed a bug in ONSWeapon that used the primary fire projectile class for alt-fire instead of the alt-fire version.
– Moved daredevil code server-side to avoid horrible cheating and the ability to mod/mutate features based on daredevil tricks.
– Reversable vehicle factories will work correctly when sides are swapped.
– Fixed midgame menu popping up when watching an Onslaught demo if the viewed player dies
– Fixed camera rotation being changed when switching between first and third person view in a manta
– Fixed target/ion painter ammo issues
– Fixed bug in stunt mutator where vehicles would be accelerated in their local downward Z when holding the jump warmup while in air.
– Onslaught turrets cannot damage PowerCores or PowerNodes
– Onslaught vehicles take a very small amount of damage over time when on fire and there is no driver
– Fixed players always spawning at own PowerCore after sides are swapped.
– Fixed problem where bots weren’t spawning at the nodes they are defending.
General Game play:
– More script warning fixes
– Fixed armor loop in GameInfo.ReduceDamage() properly handling armor getting destroyed while absorbing damage
– Invasion monsters never use default character mesh
– Fixed CTFSquadAI.FindHidePathFor()
– Make sure always add armor using Pawn.AddShieldStrength()
– Fixed ShieldAbsorb() armor damage absorption to produce consistent results in all situations
– Fixed spawning of physicsvolume entry and exit actors, as well as splash sounds, and made them client side.
– Added WaterSplash, used for projectiles and pawns
– Added SplashEffect property and CheckForSplash() function to WeaponAttachment, so instant hit weapons can cause splashes
– Added BulletSplash, used for trace weapons
– Landing sounds no longer stomp on splash sounds
– Added WaterRing – spawned while pawn is walking in water, or center of pawn enters water (new PawnEntryActor property in PhysicsVolume)
– Fixed pawn visible rotation lagging too far behind actual rotation (because of head/torso twist support)
– Fixed bots going after nearby dropped inventory that they couldn’t pick up
– Fixed some dynamic uploads (which could cause occasional hitching during gameplay)
– Fixed getting proper ammo count when picking up dropped weapon and already have ammo but no weapon of that type
– Fixed SquadLeader getting set to none if everyone in squad is in a turret
– HUD weapon bar bShowMissingWeaponInfo now config, so is properly saved
– Fixed CTFSquadAI finding flagholder when holder is in vehicle
– Fixed „Use Map Defaults“ for bots can result in uneven teams in some maps
– [USE] will only bring up the mid-game menu in ONS games
– Fix for custom models crashing the single player game.
– Fixed TracerProjectile location setting after near miss sound effect
– Fixed BR bomb trail position in multiplayer
– Added Instagib CTF as standalone gametype
– Allow chatting when the game is paused.
– No longer catch own weapon when thrown while running forward
– Fixed weapons checking if they were out of ammo when they weren’t the active weapon (which was causing undesired switching to best weapon)
– Server browser filters have been reworked to be easier to use.
– Localized „New News“ message
– Added localized IRC channels for French and German.
– Added a flashing messages when there is new community news.
– Movie Panel.
– Various Web Admin style fixes
– Don’t load non-default voicepacks on dedicated server
– Fixed server enforcement of maxresponsetime, and make sure clients don’t trip it accidentally
– Fixed speedhack detection false positives
– Increased NetPriority of controlled ONSWeaponPawns
– Fixed client-side game time getting screwed up
– Improved jumping/dodging/etc. not getting lost when there’s significant packet loss
– Fixed Cheat protect to view most voicepacks as ok
– Fixed *hopefully* the ServerBrowser locking packages and tripping cheat protection.
– Don’t spawn votinghandler and votingreplicationinfos for servers which don’t have voting enabled (slight performance improvement for those servers)
– TeamInfo and SquadAI have lower netupdatefrequency (for server performance). Set NetUpdateTime whenever a replicated property is updated to get it replicated immediately.
– Make sure that mutators are properly reported to master server
– Made ServerShortTimeout() replicated function reliable
– MasterServerUplink now caches calls to GetServerInfo and GetServerDetails.
– Onslaught server performance improvements:
– vehicle packed state struct updates don’t set bNetDirty
– don’t update vehicle SoundPitch on dedicated servers
– improved WebProjectile net performance
– added bIsAwake and bHasBeenAwake flags to ONSVehicle, used for packed state replication
– Fixed replication conditions for a bunch of vehicle/projectile properties, changed from bNetDirty to bNetInitial
– Fixed NetworkStatusMessages once and for all
– Reenabled temp. MD5 database generation for loaded packages on a server
– Fixed „flying player“ exploit.
– Fixed keeping high translocator trajectory persistent across online level changes.
Mod Author Related:
– Fix for the UCL not exporting bug.
– Fix for .INT files in mod hierarchy, Removed Temp MD5 Warning Message.
– Call PostRender2D() on own pawn as well (mod authors can decide not to render custom beacon)
– Added LevelInfo native function GetPhysicsVolume() – returns the physics volume at a specified location
– Added actor property bTraceWater. If true, trace() by this actor returns collisions with water volumes
– Added support for strafing while on ladders, if the LadderVolume property bAllowLadderStrafing is set true (still false by default)
– Fix for log files and -MOD= switch
– Fix for cache manager exporting ucl files when it shouldn’t
– Fixed LoadDecoText
– Use CrouchedPct instead of WalkingPct for crouched pawns
– Vehicle function NumPassengers() now simulated so it can be called on clients
– Made Destroy() function call in ONSVehicle state code indirect (for debugger)
– Fixed localization for mod support
– Now support multiple music directories
– Save Games fixed, with the following limitations:
– ragdolls aren’t serialized
– animations aren’t serialized (but uses simanim to save channel 0)
– must run UT2004 with -makenames option, or set bSupportSaveGames true in LevelInfo
– added Actor events PreSaveGame() and PostLoadSavedGame()
– Render hud overlays on DM_Low clients also
3D Buzz Editor Enhancements (Thanks to our friends at www.3dbuzz.com ! Check out their UT2004 mod author video tutorials at http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/unr_main.php )
– Maximize Viewports fixed
– Static Mesh Create From Selected added
– Splitter bar between Viewport and props in SM viewer fixed.
– Button to snap view to frame the current mesh added
– Option to auto-snap view on mesh change
– Added realtime preview to the SM browser.
– New Array tool for quickly adding actors.
– Fogging is based on camera position rather than pawn head position (important for third person camera while pawn is submerged)
– Removed D3D9Drv.dll and default.ini from patch
– Fixed bug reporting address for Italian, Spanish, and French localized versions.
– Fixed „Intersect Function“ crash from first patch.
– Fixed mousewheel input on Win64.
– Removed some pre-release debugging that was still enabled
Ein neuer ATI Catalyst Treiber ist raus. Er enthält folgende Bugfixes:
# Display corruption is no longer seen when rotating the primary desktop 90 degrees or 180 degrees under Windows 2000 with extended desktop enabled
# Display corruption is no longer seen when running the ATI demo Dolphin v1.1 with the Truform option set to Application Preference
# The operating system no longer fails to respond when doing a monitor swap while running an overlay image on the secondary display
# Rotating a display of 1024×768 60Hz followed by entering standby mode no longer results in display corruption being seen briefly when resuming
# Using the ATI icon in the system tray or using a hotkey stroke to rotate the display image no longer results in the operating system intermittently failing to respond for approximately 90 seconds
# Playing a DVD with DXVA enabled and attempting to rotate the display 90 degrees no longer results in the operating system failing to respond
# Moving an OpenGL window around the Windows desktop no longer results in the operating system intermittently failing to respond
# While playing the game Halo, under certain conditions, images that should be hidden behind solid foreground objects are no longer showing through
# Starting a game of Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9000 PRO installed and the display set to 1024×768 and the graphics quality set to high no longer results in flickering textures
# Display corruption is no longer seen when using particular air craft in „Century of Flight“ games found in Flight Simulator 2004
# Textures are now applied correctly in the game Silent Storm when setting the resolution to 1024×768 32bpp and the quality option set to high
# Enabling AF to 8x and running the game Battlefield Vietnam with the graphics set to high and the display set to 1280×1024 32bpp no longer results in display corruption being seen at a certain point of the game
# The display menu for the game 4×4 EVO 2 is now available when the rotation option is used to set the display to 180 degrees
# Circular grid corruption is no longer seen when launching World Fables under Windows XP with Anti-Aliasing enabled at 4X
# The Windows XP operating system no longer intermittently fails to respond when restarting the game Homeworld 2
# Adobe Gamma and other colour calibration software now have the ability to adjust their independent gamma values. Note: In certain situations when closing the application, the default desktop gamma is not restored.
# The wireframe in edit UVWs is now drawn correctly after zooming in on an object in 3ds max
# Running Solidworks 2004 under Windows XP and dragging the grapicstest2004.sldprt window to a secondary display no longer results in the planes being highlighted after the mouse is moved off the plane
# The Solidworks 2004/SP3 application no longer fails to respond when opening the shaderstest.sldasm test with Real View enabled
# Enabling extended desktop followed by setting the display resolution to 1280×1024 on the secondary display adapter no longer results in the application ProEngineer terminating
Mehr Detail gibt es in ATIs Release Notes
ATI Catalyst 4.6 (WinXP/Win2000) (29.6 MB)
Gerade eben ist der am Make Something Unreal Contest teilnehmende Mod Rocketeer erschienen. Schon für UT und UT2003 gab es den an Rocket Arena 3 für Q3 angelehnten Mod und seit UT2003 unter dem Namen Rocketeer. Wer sich noch nichts drunter vorstellen kann, hier ein Auszug aus der FAQ.
Rocketeer is a ‚Rocket Arena-esq.‘ modification for Unreal Tournament 2004. The modification introduces fast reaction based action in the form of 1on1/2on2/3on3… battles. Each player spawns with all weapons and a supply of ammo and battles best of 3 until a winner is declared. The main feature is the ability to fire the Rocket Launcher at the ground whilst jumping to propel you into the air and receive no damage! With Rocketeer comes the new ability to Link Gun climb along walls and hover on the spot.
Rocketeer also introduces mutli-arena combat. Whereby one ‚map file‘ contains multiple arenas that can be cycled through using the menus provided. This means multiple battles can go on simultaneously on any one server. So you can change arenas and skip the queues! Along with mutli-arenas comes a multitude of new custom maps created by top community mappers and rising new mappers!
Und hier ist die komplette FAQ.
Downloadlinks und mehr Infos wird es auf der offiziellen Rocketeer Page geben.
Ich werd ihn auch mal testweise auf unseren Server draufpacken. ServerIP ist: 220.127.116.11:7777
Rocketeer Page Download